Karl Bracken ’97

Karl Bracken ’97

Professor Gaines Post was not only a fantastic teacher and a brilliant mind- he also is a great friend and has remained so over the 25 years since I graduated.…

Professor Gaines Post was not only a fantastic teacher and a brilliant mind- he also is a great friend and has remained so over the 25 years since I graduated.

He was the consummate CMC professor- caring greatly about the intellectual development of his students, both in and out of the classroom. He challenged my thinking in his courses, and as my senior thesis reader; he would come to my Stags baseball games and ask specific questions afterwards about decisions I made in a game; he had a profound impact on not only my education, but my world view.

Professor Post encouraged me to aim high in my life and career. We are fortunate as CMC graduates to have had the opportunity to develop strong and lasting relationships with amazing teachers such as Professor Post.

Read More CMC Stories…

CMC Stories >

Share Your CMC Story

Why is CMC special to you? Post your fondest memory and a photo. “Scroll down” memory lane with posts from fellow CMCers.

LEARN MORE >

Get Involved with CMC

Explore opportunities for learning, mentorship, support and giving.

LEARN MORE >