Dan Goldzband ’78

Dan Goldzband ’78

My most impressive CMC memories involved being able to meet the remarkable people who came to visit the college. One memory stands out in particular. In 1976, I took Dick…

My most impressive CMC memories involved being able to meet the remarkable people who came to visit the college. One memory stands out in particular. In 1976, I took Dick Wheeler’s Contemporary British Politics course. It was basically a graduate seminar with only 7 students. One evening we had a special guest, Patrick Duffy, a Labour Member of Parliament. He joined us for sherry and then dinner, and how remarkable that was to a sophomore political science major! One of the students, the late Nat Lord ’77, actually visited Mr. Duffy the next year in London, and how I yearned to emulate that. But life happens along the way, and 40 years passed until my wife and I joined the now retired Sir Patrick for lunch at his house in Yorkshire. A lovely correspondence has ensued, and it all started with a CMC professor’s invitation to an MP he met on his summer sojourns in London, watching Parliament.

Read More CMC Stories…

CMC Stories >

Share Your CMC Story

Why is CMC special to you? Post your fondest memory and a photo. “Scroll down” memory lane with posts from fellow CMCers.

LEARN MORE >

Get Involved with CMC

Explore opportunities for learning, mentorship, support and giving.

LEARN MORE >